Diversity in Psychiatry: Virtual Residency Fair
Join us for the 2022 Diversity in Psychiatry: Virtual Ohio Residency Recruitment Fair hosted by the Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Association (OPPA). This event is open only to 4th year medical students and is geared toward giving diverse/underrepresented minorities in medicine (Black, LatinX, Indigenous, and LGBTQ+) an opportunity to learn more about Ohio residency programs. It is also a great opportunity for program directors to promote their programs directly to trainees and meet prospective applicants that might be a good fit for their team.
Flyer (legal size)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the Virtual Residency Fair?
Wednesday, September 14, 2022 from 3:30– 7:30p.m., Eastern
What is a Virtual Residency Fair?
- The fair will include a virtual event site and live, real-time features, all web-based and internet-accessible using a desktop or laptop.
- There will also be an interactive chat tool, which provides live communication between you and program representatives.
- Participating organizations will host their own interactive chat/breakout room and customized profile page, which will showcase information about their program.
Who Should Attend?
Fourth year medical students, who are underrepresented minorities in medicine, seeking to learn more about Ohio residency and fellowship education programs.
How Much Does It Cost to Attend?
This event is entirely FREE for programs and students!
Top Reasons to Participate
- Interact with each program in their separate breakout rooms and take part in live discussions.
- The fair will give candidates access to many program representatives, along with opportunities to ask questions and learn more about the programs that are of interest to them.
How Does it Work?
Once you indicate your interests by registering for this event, we will follow-up with additional details and instructions via email.
How Should I Prepare?
- Prior to the event, we ask that you to take a few minutes to look at the programs in attendance and their websites to plan out your which programs you wish to interact with – maximum of eight (8) due to time allowance. More meaningful conversations will come from some preparation on your part.
- Make a list of the programs you are interested in and use your time wisely during the event.
- Write down your questions, both general and specific to each program.
Instructions for During the Event
- You can interact with up to eight (8) programs.
- Virtual interaction with each program will be limited to approximately 25-30 minutes and there will be up to six students in each breakout time slot. This will allow you time to visit with multiple programs and will allow other students to ask their questions as well.
- We will provide your contact information with each of the programs you meet with so you can stay in touch and learn more.