SAMHSA is recruiting grant reviewers
SAMHSA’s mission is to lead public health and service delivery efforts that promote mental health, prevent substance misuse, and provide treatments and supports to foster recovery while ensuring equitable access and better outcomes. The Division of Grant Review (DGR) is recruiting reviewers for fiscal year 2023 who have academic qualifications and professional work experience in mental health services, preventing substance misuse, and/or treating substance use disorder.
We are recruiting reviewers who meet the 21st Century CURES Act requirements:
- A Medical Degree, Doctoral Degree in Psychology, or an Advanced Degree in Nursing or Social Work.
- An active license related to prevention, diagnosis, treatment, or recovery from mental illness or co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorder.
- Two years of experience working in a substance use disorder and/or mental health field.
- The ability to analyze and evaluate grant applications against published evaluation criteria.
- Clear writing style and adherence to deadlines.
- Participate in a mandatory pre-review teleconference to learn about key aspects of the Notice of Funding Opportunity.
- Availability during the review period, which is expected to last approximately two weeks and participate in a follow-up conference call with other reviewers if needed.
- Reviewers will receive $140 per application reviewed and returned to SAMHSA in the timeline specified for each program.