The Foundation promotes, sponsors and encourages research designed to improve outcomes for persons who experience psychiatric disorders.
OPPF Annual Research Awards
Call for Entries
The Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Foundation is sponsoring a research award for each of the following categories: General Member, Resident-Fellow Member, and Medical Student. The winners and runners-up in each category will be invited to attend the OPPA Annual Psychiatric Update in Spring 2021 (date and location to be determined). Each winner will receive a plaque and each runner-up will receive an award certificate. The registration fee to attend the Annual Meeting will be paid for by the OPPF for the winners and the runners-up. This is a great opportunity to recognize individuals for the contribution they are making to psychiatry and the understanding of mental disorders.
Click HERE to view the submission criteria.
Congratulations to this year's Research Award Recipients!
Medical Student Category
|Molly McVoy, MD
||Ted Akiki, MD||Sandra Zoubovsky
|Runner-up:||Not applicable||Vivek Rachmallu, MD||
Poster Presentation Entries 2020
(Click on the title below to view the posters)
- Poster 1 - Use Of Topiramate And Memantine In Treatment Resistant Schizoaffective Disorder Complicated By History Of Syphillis
- Poster 2 - A Close Correlation Between Aso Titer Elevation And Clinical Acuity In A Recurrent Case Of Pandas
- Poster 3 - Psychosis Due To Traumatic Brain Injury In A Patient With Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Poster 4 - Formation Of Delusions From Past Experiences
- Poster 5 - Management Of Catatonia With Valproic Acid
- Poster 6 - Emotion Dysregulation Mediates The Association Between Acute Sleep Disturbance And Ptsd Symptoms In Trauma Exposed Patients
- Poster 7 - Excited Catatonia In Schizoaffective Disorder
- Poster 8 - Toledo Naloxone Outreach Program Expansion And Medical Student Education
- Poster 9 - Clozapine And Valbenazine For Treatment Of Tardive Cervical Dystonia
- Poster 10 - A Systematic Review Of No Show Rates In General Pediatric Psychiatry Clinics
- Poster 11 - Symptomatic Treatment Of Depression Anxiety Disorders In A Young Adult Down Syndrome Patient Using Repetitive Transcranial Magnet
- Poster 12 - Wernicke Korsakoff Syndrome In A Patient With History Of Bariatric Surgery
- Poster 13 - Catatonia In Autism Spectrum Disorder Often Misdiagnosed And Mistreated
- Poster 14 - What's Up With Whats App For Prite
Call for Posters - Deadline December 31, 2020
The Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Association (OPPA) and Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Foundation (OPPF) invite all the OPPA members, resident/fellows and medical students to participate by submitting an abstract to the upcoming Annual Psychiatric Update to be held in Spring 2021. If the abstract is accepted, you will be expected to showcase your work in the form of a poster.
Guidelines: Poster Presentation Criteria
American Psychiatric Foundation - Helping Hands Grants
The APF Helping Hands Grant Program encourages medical students to participate in community mental health service activities, particularly those focused on underserved populations. Programs are designed by the medical students and conducted under the supervision of medical faculty. The Helping Hand Grants Program provides up to $5,000 to medical schools for mental health and substance use disorder projects.
Click HERE for more information on how to apply.
None at this time.